Thames sailing Barge
Lady Jean moored at "The Hythe." The Lady Jean was built
by Shorts of Rochester in 1923.
Along side her is Xylonite she has a steel hull and was built by Horlocks at Mistley in 1926.
Thames Sailing barge George Smeed of Rochester nearing completion after many years of restoration. She was built at Murston in 1882 by Smeed Dean & Co. Ltd. for their own use and was later used by A.P.C.M. the cement company who at one time operated a large fleet barges. Photograph November 02 2012
To return click on