This is the TDI class steam tug Brent built in 1945 and now moored along side the promenade at Maldon.
She Worked in the Dredging Department of the PLA (Port of London Authority) Dock System from 1946 until she was laid up in 1969.
In 1971 she was saved from the breakers yard by a local private buyer who's family still owns her.
This type of tug were built during the Second World War in pre-fabricated sections at inland engineering works and then taken by lowloader truck to be assembled at shipyards.
In 2019 Brent was joined at her bearth by TDI172, she is moored pending being towed to Kent for restoration. September 15 2019
Brent's Wheel house September 14 2019
The two photographs above were taken July 19 2007.
To find out more about this historic vessel visit National Historic ships Brent
To return click on